- Credit: submitted
BRITAIN’S biggest burlesque extravaganza is coming to town direct from London’s West End.
An Evening of Burlesque celebrates its finale with a critically-acclaimed European tour.
An all-new cast has been assembled, comprising of the cream of British burlesque performers.
Themes featured include evocative Arabian Nights, fabulous fan dancing fantasies, foxy 40s WAF sirens, bubblegum blowing baseball babes and cheesecake pin-ups.
Promising to be ‘all tease, no sleaze’, the performance at The Bristol Hippodrome is for over-18s only.
You may also want to watch:
Audiences are predominantly female, say the producers, attracting auditoriums full of people dressed in burlesque-inspired outfits.
Sparkling with couture costumes, featuring killer heels and stockings aplenty and that is just a description of audiences for the glamorous production.
- 1 Town centre retirement complex to become apartments
- 2 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 3 Ashton & Backwell United appoint Tony Beecham as new manager
- 4 Beer and cider festival raises £2k for community centre
- 5 Hundreds flock to town's first arts festival
- 6 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 7 Nailsea preschool leader retires after 33 years
- 8 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 9 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 10 State-of-the-art gym launched at Clevedon School
Its combination of song, dance, mischief, magic, music, frivolity and fun has proved an unqualified hit with the ladies.
The production now offers a surprise prize for the best-dressed member of the audience on the night.
It will be awarded by the show’s production manager.
Show producer Michael Taylor said: “For 2013 an all-new cast has been assembled, comprising of the cream of British burlesque performers.
“Local theatregoers are invited to enjoy an all-new riotous romp into the bizarre world of burlesque and cutting-edge variety.
“It’s the slickest, wickedly wittiest, most delightfully choreographed cabaret spectacular of the year.”
The production will be staged on June 14.
Tickets, priced £20.50-23, are available from the box office on 0844 871 3012 or via www.bristolhippodrome.org.uk