Hitchcock thriller to be performed in Backwell
- Credit: Archant
An Alfred Hitchcock thriller will be recreated on the stage.
The 39 Steps will be performed at Backwell Playhouse, in Mariners Drive, from Wednesday to Saturday at 7.30pm, with a 2.30pm matinee on Saturday.
Richard Hannay is a man with a boring life until he meets a woman who says she is a spy.
When he takes her home, she is murdered.
Soon, a mysterious organisation called, The 39 Steps, is hot on Hannay's trail in a nationwide manhunt that climaxes in a death-defying finale.
You may also want to watch:
The two-time Tony Award-winning treat is packed with non-stop laughs, more than 150 zany characters, played by a cast of five, an on-stage plane crash, handcuffs, missing fingers, and some good old-fashioned romance.
Tickets, priced £12, are available at 01179 633586 or by clicking here.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 8 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Further delays for rail project
- 10 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown