Rugby: Yatton under-15s make mark on Minehead rivals
- Credit: Archant
Yatton under-15s claimed a fine 44-12 win at Minehead to complete their first double of the season and end on a high.
Tom Ballard went over in the corner in the first minute, after a clean catch at kick-off and some good handling.
Josh Moss added a second try, with Joe Galey going over in the corner soon after, before Minehead hit back with a well-taken score.
Ben Clarke went under the posts, before Minehead claimed their second try from a five-metre scrum.
But Bartek Aleksinski finished off a good first half for Yatton as they turned round with a 29-12 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Jake Damaral got in on the act after the restart after a pick and go from a five-metre scrum and Moss then ran in his second in the corner, after Minehead were held at bay.
Clarke also crossed for his second after some quick thinking at the restart, with another late break stopped just short despite support from Toby Manson.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 5 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 6 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 7 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 8 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 10 Further delays for rail project