Portishead and Clevedon Triathlon Club show support for NHS
- Credit: PACTri
Portishead & Clevedon Triathlon Club have shown their support from the NHS by changing the design of their club kit.
The decision was made during the first lockdown of 2020 and, for every top sold to members, the club donated a sum of money.
This was matched by sponsor Walnut Grove Clinic in Portishead and a further donation from kit manufacturer Champ Systems helped them raise a total of £375.
The money was split between two local charities: Above and Beyond, who support Bristol city centre hospitals, and the Friends of North Somerset Community Hospital.
And the initiative saw the club sell more kit during this period than ever before, with the new design generating a lot of interest among members.
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Pat Garland said: "We wanted to show out support for key workers and by displaying this on our cycling tops was a great way to share it.
"I want to thank all club members who bought kit and to our sponsors for their generous donation."
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 5 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 8 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 9 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser
- 10 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom