Test match cricketer signs for Clevedon
- Credit: Archant
A former South African Test cricketer will ply his trade in North Somerset next season.
Kyle Abbott will return to Clevedon Cricket Club for the 2019 campaign after a deal was agreed with Hampshire for the former Proteas’ international to play at Dial Hill.
Clevedon have high hopes of another successful season after they claimed the West of England Premier League title in 2018, and fast bowler Abbott is an impressive addition to skipper Jake Lintott’s squad.
The 31-year-old –who has 11 Test caps under his belt – first played at Dial Hill in 2007 as the club’s overseas pro – and he returned immensely impressive figures of 44 wickets at an average of 13.66.
He was also more than handy with the bat, piling up 417 runs at more than 40.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to his performances in the Test arena, Abbott also played 28 one-day internationals and 21 twenty-20 games for South Africa.
He also enjoyed stints in the Indian Premier League with Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 7 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 8 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 9 Portishead garden protected from development
- 10 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
Abbott will still turn out for Hampshire in the County Championship, but his services will be at Lintott’s disposal when his schedule allows.