Galway finally gets his hands on Auchentoshan Cup after Tickenham victory
- Credit: Doug Fowler
Stewart Galway finally secured victory in the Auchentoshan Cup with a wonderful individual display at Tickenham Golf Centre last month.
The former captain was one of 28 people who attended the event, held on December 18, which always attracts the real golfing enthusiasts at the club.
The annual competition, which was created in 2015, was sponsored by both Galway and Doug Fowler, and was played in cold but dry conditions.
And Galway was able to hold off runner-up Martin Wright and third place Julie Wheeler to pick up the illustrious silverware.
It was perhaps very fitting that Galway got his hands on Cup as he had previously, during his reign as captain, had to hand it over to winners a number of times.
Covid-19 restrictions caused the celebrations afterwards to be minimal, with just a wee dram of Auchentoshan whisky kindly donated by PGA Director of Golf Leigh Jones, but it did not put a damper of Galway's victory.
- 1 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 2 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 3 Residents fear new homes between Nailsea and Backwell could 'open the floodgates'
- 4 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 5 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 6 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 7 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 8 Contemporary four-bedroom home packed with latest tech
- 9 Weston bathing water rated 'poor' and swimming discouraged
- 10 Legal challenge over plans to dump dredging waste off Portishead