Charlie Rich: Ashton & Backwell United name Rich as Stuart Jones' replacement
- Credit: Archant
Ashton & Backwell United have announced Charlie Rich as their new manager, following Stuart Jones’ departure last month.
Jones had been in charge of The Stags for three years after replacing Paul Waring and Rich Ford in May 2018.
Jones told the North Somerset Times his reason for leaving was that he wanted a "new challenge and something different.”
And Rich has ended his playing career to take up the role.
“Ashton & Backwell United are extremely pleased to announce our new first team manager, Charlie Rich,” said a club statement published on Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
“The club would like to congratulate Charlie on his promotion from playing for the Stags to his first managerial role.
“Charlie has a wealth of playing experience in both the Southern and Western League during his time with Paulton Rovers, Mangotsfield and Brislington. We wish Charlie all the best in the coming season.”
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset