Cricket: Portishead’s new girls teams prove they can!
- Credit: Archant
Portishead Cricket Club’s newly formed female teams have been enjoying their recent outings.
The under-11 softball team won one Winter Indoor League match and lost two against experienced rivals at Taunton’s Centre of Excellence.
The under-13s won two and lost one, with some of their players progressing into the women’s team.
And the women are now in the final of the North Somerset Indoor League, playing against Weston on January 13.
The teams were formed with support from Somerset Cricket Board under the ‘This Girl Can’ campaign and the club now has nearly 60 girls and women playing.
You may also want to watch:
Most had never played before, but Ellen Armstrong had and has now been chosen for Somerset’s county pathway in recognition of her excellent bowling.
Any female of any age and ability is welcome to join. For details email Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 7 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 8 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 9 Portishead garden protected from development
- 10 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021