PacTri and Clevedon AC hit the Gower half-marathon
- Credit: Katy Lewis
Athletes from the Portishead Clevedon Triathlon Club ( Pac-Tri) and Clevedon Athletics Club turned up on mass for the Gower half-marathon earlier this month.
The endurance event is known for it’s hilly terrain and tough conditions and it didn’t disappoint.
Overall, eight members of both clubs took part and completed the course, which was around 15 miles, with Caroline Blunt, Valentino Oriolo, Jamie-Ann Thurlow, Marie Lochrie, Jonathan Bale, Katy Lewis, Natalie Hibbard and Andrea Goude all coming in between three and five hours.
Whilst the course was challenging the views were spectacular and the weather ideal as everyone enjoyed the event.
The group had spent many hours training on the Portishead to Clevedon coast path so that they were ready for the Gower conditions.
Thurlow said: "I’m still buzzing from this event. I’m so proud of us all for completing it".
If you would like more information about these clubs please see their websites: www.pac-tri.com or www.clevedonac.co.uk.
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 3 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 4 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 5 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 6 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Mum and daughter launch 'buzzing' Christmas market
- 8 Clevedon United under-16 Girls stun Bishops Lydeard
- 9 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 10 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend