North Somerset remain top of the league
- Credit: Archant
North Somerset Tennis Academy teams enjoyed success in the Avon Junior Tennis League.
North Somerset Tennis Academy players competed in the Avon Junior Tennis League at the weekend.
The Under-8s played at home (Clevedon seafront tennis courts) against Woodlands from Bristol, with a fantastic performance by Lyra, Henry and Anderson.
The Under-16s had a top of table clash against Rodway. Ben won his singles match, with Josh and Tyler losing a close match in the doubles. At one-all, Josh played a amazing singles match to take it to 2-1, before Ben and Tyler lost another great match in the doubles.
Overall, NSTA won the match, giving them top spot in this year’s competition.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend sees the Under-9s playing at home for the first time against Sodbury, at Clevedon seafront tennis courts (noon).
If you like to try tennis for the first time, NSTA are always welcoming new players to come along for a free taster lesson, rackets provided.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 8 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 10 Further delays for rail project
Please contact Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07593 456869 for more information.