North Somerset AC record superb display at Avon County Championships
- Credit: North Somerset AC
North Somerset Athletics Club recorded one of their best weekends at Avon County Championships in Yate recently.
The club won 64 medals including (28 golds, 19 silvers and 17 bronze.
North Somerset Matt Hogg was the standout performer as he picked up two wins. First in the senior men’s 400m, with a personal best time of 52.24 seconds, and then in the 800m in a time of in one minutes and 59.7 seconds.
Phil Clarke picked up victory in the under-15 boys hammer throw with 35.02m
North Somerset athletes also impressed in the quad kids events, winning seven of the 12 medals on offer from the four events, including wins for Edward S and Abigail H.
Martha H continues to dominate the sprints, and broke the Championship best performance in the under-13 girls 75m, with a time of 10.27 seconds.
Oscar W in impressive form. Within his haul of four gold medals there were two Championship best performances in the 75m with a time 10.89 seconds, and 20.85 seconds for the 150m.
- 1 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 2 Covid cases rise: 1-in-30 estimated to be positive
- 3 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 4 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 5 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 8 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 9 First Bus and Stagecoach reps to face Portishead residents in meeting
- 10 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
All results can be found on; https://www.thepowerof10.info/results/results.aspx?meetingid=461420
Anyone interested in joining/supporting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and visit www.nsac.org.uk.