Nailsea & Tickenham too strong for Broad Plain House
- Credit: Archant
Nailsea & Tickenham ran out 7-1 winners over Broad Plain House in their League Cup tie at Fryth Way.
Nic Steadman took charge for the first time and saw the Swags awarded a first-minute penalty, which Luke Osgood converted.
Osgood made it 2-0 on nine minutes with a close-range header from a corner and Chris Gale drilled home a goal of the season contender from long range.
Matty Pilgrim made it 4-0 with a nice finish, while Joe Berry cut in from the left to add the fifth before the break.
It remained one-way traffic after the restart as James Seeley scored the sixth and Osgood completed his hat-trick to make it 7-0.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors managed a late consolation, denying N&T a clean sheet, thanks to a free-kick from Harry Saunders.
But Steadman said: "Straight from the get-go the lads had the passion and determination we wanted.
- 1 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 4 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 8 Injury-hit Yatton show spirit in loss to Winscombe
- 9 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 10 WIN: Tickets to concert screened at Curzon Cinema
"It was all about getting the confidence back and playing the way we should and we certainly did. I'm proud of the lads for such a professional performance."