Nailsea & Tickenham Reserves 3 Wrington Redhill 0
- Credit: Archant
Nailsea & Tickenham Reserves eased to a 3-0 win over Wrington Redhill in their first match of the Somerset League Division One season.
Ed Dunn and Dane Willshear had early chances, as Ryan Scott had little to do in goal in the first half.
And N&T broke the deadlock just before the break with a Jake Murray penalty, after Wrington saw two players sin-binned
Chris Corner, George Mallett and Willshear took control of midfield in the second half, with James Seeley nodding in Nick Walker's cross.
Wrington were reduced to 10 men following a late tackle and Dunn and Willshear missed further chances to add to the scoreline, while Steadman hit the crossbar and Murray saw a penalty saved after being fouled in the box.
You may also want to watch:
N&T added a third goal late on, though, as Walker smashed home a great strike from outside the box to cap a Sawyers Arms' man of the match display.
- 1 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 2 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Clevedon School launches pop-up shop to support low income families
- 6 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 9 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 10 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding