Nailsea & Tickenham draw positives as perfect run ends
- Credit: Archant
Nailsea & Tickenham saw their perfect start to the season ended by a 2-2 draw with Middlezoy Rovers.
Unchanged from their win at Clutton, they met a well organised Middlezoy side but took the lead when Joe Berry rounded keeper Greg Turner to finish from a tight angle.
Possession was squandered too often, though, and the visitors levelled before the break as a cross from the left was put past George Gillingham.
Josh Benjamin was introduced early in the second half, but N&T fell behind when a corner was converted at the far post.
And after sending on Pat Riddell and Ollie Hogg, they were grateful to see Gary Freeman clear off the line from another Middlezoy corner.
You may also want to watch:
Ollie Carter and Berry caused problems as N&T showed greater urgency, with Crago Motors man of the match Berry winning the Swags a penalty which Luke Osgood converted to level.
Hogg shot wide late on as it ended all square and joint boss Jamie Smith said: “Credit to Middlezoy, who made it very difficult for us to build any momentum in the game. We were disappointed with the goals we conceded more than anything else. With another important game next week we will certainly be looking to improve.”
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 5 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 6 Shop Local: ‘Huge impact’ on independent home décor business after second lockdown hits
- 7 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 8 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 9 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 10 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
Nailsea & Tickenham: Gillingham, Carter, Last, Gale, Freeman, S Pilgrim, Trueman, Seeley, Latta, Berry, Osgood, Riddell, Benjamin, Hogg.