Nailsea cruise past Brislington as Lange leads way
- Credit: PA
Nailsea cruised to victory over Brislington in their latest league outing.
Having won the toss and asked the hosts to bat first, good opening spells from Liam Lester (1-24) and Adrian Procter (3-17) put Brislington under pressure.
Wickets continued to fall at regular intervals, with Jack Smith (1-27), Alan Rogerson (2-20), Steve Lester (1-8) and Richard Billows (1-24) all contributing as Bris were bowled out for 136.
Nailsea lost Mat Beadle (5) early, but in-form Gary Phippen was then joined by Rob Lange and they took Nailsea to 61 before Phippen was run out for 21.
Liam Lester contributed a hard hitting 28 off just 21 balls, adding a rapid 66 with Lange and, despite two quick wickets falling, Nailsea eased to a seven-wicket win.
You may also want to watch:
Man of the match Lange was unbeaten on 65, having hit a six and 12 fours, ahead of a home date with Old Park at The Grove on Saturday (1pm).
Friday night will see the second All Stars and Dynamos sessions at The Grove after nearly 90 youngsters attended the first.
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
Their enthusiasm and skills were great to see and, under the guidance of coaches Terry Robinson, Gary Phippen and an army of helpers, a fantastic time was had by all.