Nailsea & Backwell RFC maintain perfect start to season with St Bernadettes win
- Credit: Nailsea & Backwell RFC
Nailsea & Backwell RFC maintained their good start to the Somerset Premier season with their second bonus point victory of the campaign at St Bernadettes on Saturday.
On the opening day of the season, Oldfield were the visitors to West End Park but tries from Ciaran Askew, Tom Crossman and Charlie Bircham Davies saw the Ravens hold a comfortable lead at half-time.
Crossman grabbed two more after the break through with some impressive offloading from captain Luke Sharp and Alex Jones. Jamie Elswood converted three of the tries as they came away 31-5 winners.
St Bernadettes provided tricky opposition but Ryan Love opened the scoring from counter attacks before adding an almost carbon copy moments later.
Elswood converted one before judging a kick through to perfection for Alex Jones to score.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Collins made an impressive debut off the bench and assisted in Love going over for his hat trick.
Tom Crossman added another five points before the visitors wrapped things up with a break from Elswood to win 36-5.
- 1 Town centre retirement complex to become apartments
- 2 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 3 Ashton & Backwell United appoint Tony Beecham as new manager
- 4 Beer and cider festival raises £2k for community centre
- 5 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 6 Hundreds flock to town's first arts festival
- 7 Nailsea preschool leader retires after 33 years
- 8 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 9 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 10 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
The Ravens hope to make it three from three when they host Stothert & Pitt this Saturday at 3pm.