Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- Credit: NBRFC
Nailsea & Backwell under-16s travelled to Weston RFC for an eagerly anticipated contest.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and restrictions, it was the first game the teams had been able to play since becoming under-16s.
With scrums and mauls currently not included in the game, it meant the pace was fast and furious and didn’t let up for the duration of the whole game.
Weston played their usual physical game and Nailsea took their time to adjust to accommodate this, but they eventually opened the scoring courtesy of a try from Harry T which was converted by Sam C.
Weston’s tackling was relentless, forcing Nailsea to absorb hit after hit,, but the forwards contested cleverly at the rucks and allowed the backs to dictate the style of play.
You may also want to watch:
Nailsea scored a further seven tries from Jay W (2), Hallam H (2), Harry B and another from Harry T to seal a 47-3 win after a full team performance, with every player doing their job to stop Weston crossing.
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset