Ironmen from Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
Two Nailsea Running Club members took part in the Ironman UK triathlon event in and around Bolton.
Simon Dodd and Paul House, members of Nailsea Running Club, competed at the Ironman UK triathlon event, based in and around Bolton.
The event consists of a 2.4 mile swim, 112-mile cycle followed by a 26.2 marathon run.
Both athletes were returning to Bolton from last year hoping to do better and again enjoy the tremendous support from the Bolton spectators.
Simon managed to complete the course in a new personal best time of 14 hours 58 minutes, beating his previous time by almost 50 minutes. Paul was slightly slower than last year, finishing in 13.23, having to slow down midway through the run due to an injury.
You may also want to watch:
Nailsea Running Club meet at Nailsea and Backwell Rugby Club on a Tuesday and Thursday night at 7pm offering a choice of various run options for all abilities and on a Sunday (at end of Trendlewood Way and junction with Station Road) at 8.30am for a longer, but mainly off road run.
Further information can be found at www.nailsearunningclub.org.uk
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 8 Shop Local: ‘Huge impact’ on independent home décor business after second lockdown hits
- 9 Further delays for rail project