Hemmings hat-trick haunts Halesowen
Clevedon Town earned three valuable points with a 3-2 home win over Halesowen,
CLEVEDON Town took a welcome three points at home to Halesowen, thanks to a Chas Hemmings hat-trick.
The visitors took the early initiative, Justin Nisbett tapping in for a simple goal after six minutes, following Jason Wood’s cross.
The Seasiders drew level in the 18th minute when Hemmings was on hand to head in the equaliser, after George Brimson’s cross caused confusion in the box.
Soon after, Ashley Kington saw his effort saved by Halesowen keeper Paul Evans. Clevedon took the lead two minutes before the break when Hemmings let fly with a 30 yard drive, giving Evans no chance.
You may also want to watch:
Hemmings was enjoying a strong game and he was denied his hat-trick by Simon Flower and then Nat Caines, who both cleared off the line.
However, the Clevedon man recorded his hat-trick when he thumped home a header from Charlie Rich’s corner to give the Seasiders a two goal cushion.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 9 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 10 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
Naveed Arshad pulled a goal back for the visitors with six minutes remaining, but Clevedon held firm to earn three valuable points.
Clevedon travel to Yate Town on Boxing Day (3pm).