Hemmings hat-trick haunts Halesowen
Clevedon Town earned three valuable points with a 3-2 home win over Halesowen,
CLEVEDON Town took a welcome three points at home to Halesowen, thanks to a Chas Hemmings hat-trick.
The visitors took the early initiative, Justin Nisbett tapping in for a simple goal after six minutes, following Jason Wood’s cross.
The Seasiders drew level in the 18th minute when Hemmings was on hand to head in the equaliser, after George Brimson’s cross caused confusion in the box.
Soon after, Ashley Kington saw his effort saved by Halesowen keeper Paul Evans. Clevedon took the lead two minutes before the break when Hemmings let fly with a 30 yard drive, giving Evans no chance.
You may also want to watch:
Hemmings was enjoying a strong game and he was denied his hat-trick by Simon Flower and then Nat Caines, who both cleared off the line.
However, the Clevedon man recorded his hat-trick when he thumped home a header from Charlie Rich’s corner to give the Seasiders a two goal cushion.
- 1 Town centre retirement complex to become apartments
- 2 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 3 Ashton & Backwell United appoint Tony Beecham as new manager
- 4 Beer and cider festival raises £2k for community centre
- 5 Hundreds flock to town's first arts festival
- 6 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 Nailsea preschool leader retires after 33 years
- 9 State-of-the-art gym launched at Clevedon School
- 10 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
Naveed Arshad pulled a goal back for the visitors with six minutes remaining, but Clevedon held firm to earn three valuable points.
Clevedon travel to Yate Town on Boxing Day (3pm).