Gordano RFC fall to narrow defeat at Midsomer Norton
- Credit: Joe Rowsell
Gordano were edged out 33-28 by Midsomer Norton as the two sides played an entertaining game at Norton Down Playing Fields last Saturday.
Playing down the slope in the first half Gordano started brightly but after missing an early penalty the hosts scored twice and a penalty to take a 17-0 lead after 20 mins.
However, Gordano's response was excellent and played some of the best rugby of the season.
Toby Arnall should have scored but dropped the ball over the line uncontested but he made up for it by scoring in the corner five mins later.
Next it was the quick feet of Lewis leaker that dance over after Mike Dyer sucking in three defenders.
Both conversations were expertly taken by Sam Hodge for a half-time score of 17-14.
Norton extend their lead but Gordano kept playing with their attacking intent and were now starting to dominate the scrum and Arnall was the benefactor when Gordano shoved over Norton for the third try.
- 1 Contemporary four-bedroom house with beautiful views
- 2 Bus companies to face Portishead residents at fourth meeting
- 3 World-renowned cider maker to host family open day next month
- 4 Woman dies after collision in Clevedon
- 5 Rural bus routes could get axed in proposals drawn up by First Bus
- 6 'Extreme heat' warning issued for Somerset
- 7 Pictures: Clevedon care home celebrates summer fete
- 8 New path will provide safer route to village school
- 9 How this housing developer is switching fuels to cut carbon emissions
- 10 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
The visitors then picked up a bonus point for their fourth try scored as they took the lead for the first time when Tom Rowland crashed over with Hodge adding the extras for 28-27.
But the hosts kicked two penalties on the stroke of the final whistle to take the game 33-28.
Gordano return to Caswell Lane to take on Old Bristolians on October 23.