Gordano RFC pick up bonus point win against Avonmouth Old Boys
- Credit: Sophia Williams
Gordano put in a strong performance to win comfortably 38-7 in their local derby against Avonmouth Old Boys at Caswell Lane.
Hooker Kaine Southey and winger Macie King both went over to go to ensure the hosts would go into half-time 12-0 up on Saturday.
Tim Luckcraft scored a try early in the second half and not long afterwards with Tom Arnalld got the bonus point when he went over in the 56th minute.
Young winger Louis Stratton scored followed by a conversion scored by Sam Hodge.
Five minutes left of the game and Avonmouth did their best to apply pressure and Louis's Stratton went over with Hodge adding the extras with his fourth conversion of the contest.
After a sustained period of pressure and a great defensive set from Gordano it looked like they may have kept a clean sheet.
However, former first team captain Tom Arnall, at just five metres from Gordano's line, received a yellow card and a resulting penalty.
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 3 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 4 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 5 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 6 PICTURES: Mum and daughter launch 'buzzing' Christmas market
- 7 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 8 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 9 Clevedon Town to play Brxiham after Tavistock thrown out of FA Vase
- 10 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
This allowed Avonmouth's Greg Long to score from close range and Andy Taylor added the extras as Gordano secured an impressive win.