Gordano RFC fall to defeat against unbeaten Matson RFC
- Credit: Sophia Williams
Gordano RFC fell to their second consecutive defeat after going down 35-7 against Matson last Saturday.
The visitors came into the encounter looking to maintain their unbeaten start to the season.
They had already beaten North Somerset rivals Clevedon and Cleve in their last two games and looked to make it a third at Gordano, who were defeated by Winscombe last time out.
Both teams battled through the heavy rain conditions, causing various errors, however on the day it was Matson who had a strong attacking side and on multiple occasions winning the advantage from Gordano.
And they opened the scoring with two tries in the first 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Matson scored another try in the second half followed on by a conversion resulting in a 28-0 lead, a further four minutes and Matson’s defence grew stronger pushing Gordano back and winning the line out.
After a shaky first half from Gordano they spent most of the time in the second half on the front foot. Just unable to convert pressure into points.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 5 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 6 North Somerset authors publish books
- 7 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 8 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 9 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 10 Camera club wants new members to join
After repeated infringement as Gordano piled on the pressure for an extended period of time on the Matson try line, the referee was forced to award a penalty try to end the score 35-7 in Gordano's favour.