Former England star Grewcock joins Wooden Spoon Charity
- Credit: PA
Former England and Bath star Danny Grewcock has joined the Wooden Spoon Charity in Somerset, Bristol and Bath as an ambassador.
The charity helps to raise money to fund projects to help children and young adults in the region who are living with disability, disadvantage or long-term sickness.
“I’m thrilled to be a part of Wooden Spoon – a fantastic charity driven by rugby, where every penny raised is used to help improve the lives of our kids in the region.”
Grewcock won 69 caps for England, and five with the British & Irish Lions, and currently has a crucial role with Bristol Academy and Clifton College focusing on High Performance Rugby.
Bob Densley, Chair of the Region, added: “Danny is a great addition to our group of Ambassadors. We are incredibly fortunate to have such talented and well respected people who are prepared to give up their precious time to champion our cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Grewcock joins Phil de Glanville, Rhys Priestland, Piers O’Conor, Harry Thacker, Sarah Burns and Simon Halliday as Bristol, Bath & Somerset Regional Ambassadors.
Should you wish to join our Ambassadors in supporting The Wooden Spoon Charity please contact Mike Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 7 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 8 Clevedon Music Club cancels winter concert
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award