Portishead A team keep perfect record

PUBLISHED: 14:47 21 October 2015 | UPDATED: 14:47 21 October 2015

A missed opportunity for Portishead Town - Mandatory by-line: Paul Knight - Mobile: 07973 208118.

A missed opportunity for Portishead Town - Mandatory by-line: Paul Knight - Mobile: 07973 208118.

Paul Knight

Portishead Town A team kept their 100 per cent record with victory over Worle Rangers.

Portishead Town A 3

Worle Rangers 1

Portishead A team continued full steam ahead with victory over Worle Rangers.

Worle came to Bristol Road for the return leg in the league, having already played the home fixture a matter of weeks ago.

Young Lewis Wheatcroft opened the scoring for Portishead with an absolute firecracker into the top corner. The lead was doubled by another young gun - Luke Osgood, who added to his five-goal haul last week with a back post header.

Worle were gifted a lifeline by Posset, who conceded a penalty which was converted before half-time.

The game was on edge, but Posset held firm in the second half and created chances, before Osgood was taken down in the box to win Portishead a penalty which he despatched.

This made the last five minutes a little more comfortable for the home side. Three points clear at the top and Posset A have 15 points from 15 in the league. Man of the match Ollie Carter got the votes for his complete performance.

Clapton In Gordano 4

Portishead Town Colts 4

On a five-game winning streak, Portishead were on a high going in this game.

Both teams started strongly, but defences kept out any chances before Clapton broke the deadlock by netting two goals to put a pressure on the Colts to get back into the game.

Portishead came back with a brilliant strike from John Freeman to give the away team a chance of getting back into the game by making it 2-1 at the break.

In the second half the battling continued, but it was Clapton who capitalised on their chances by scoring another two goals. Portishead were not finished as a spectacular strike from Matt Coyle gave Portishead hope of a revival.

Soon after, the Colts piled on the and with minutes to go, man of the match Leon Kitchen saw his strike hit the crossbar and beat the Clapton keeper.

With a minute to go, the pressure was too much for the home team as Ben Skipps’ wonder strike saw the ball fly past the Clapton keeper once more for the equaliser to continue Portishead’s unbeaten run.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Somerset Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the North Somerset Times