Clevedon Town enjoy sweet success at Cadbury Heath

PUBLISHED: 15:00 25 April 2019

Vincent Harper in action for Clevedon Town (pic courtesy of

Vincent Harper in action for Clevedon Town (pic courtesy of


Clevedon Town completed a Toolstation Western League Premier Division double over Cadbury Heath with a 1-0 win on Easter Monday.

George King on the ball for Clevedon Town (pic courtesy of King on the ball for Clevedon Town (pic courtesy of

But the margin of victory should have been much wider as the visitors dominated the first half and created several good chances.

George King forced Matt Semple into a save on four minutes after a strong run by Will Mann, who was denied a simple tap in by Sam Bailey's challenge.

Vincent Harper produced a strong run on the left soon after but his lob just cleared the bar, before former Seasider Kristian Lee picked out Ben Allen, who fired over at the other end.

Glen Hayer and King combined to set up Ryan Jones, whose shot was well saved by Semple before another strong run by Mann set up Jones to cross for man of the match Archie Ferris, who blasted over.

Sam Holden let fly from 35 yards and saw a dipping shot graze the top of the crossbar, with Semple beaten, and King's free-kick was held by the Heath keeper.

Semple tipped a shot from Jones past the post, before Harper shot wide and Zach Smith headed over, but Dylan Wallis had a let-off when Matt Huxley failed to control his attempt to play the ball out.

Semple produced another fine save to keep out King's free-kick before the break and Clevedon had more chances after the restart, with Callum Kingdon firing over on 49 minutes.

Holden's shot was easily saved before a mix-up between Wallis and Hayer gave the hosts a rare sight of goal, with Wallis recovering to save.

King shot wide from Harper's pass before the deadlock was broken on 74 minutes as Lucas Vowles beat Dan Winston on the left and crossed for Jones to head past Semple.

Wallis saved Lee's free-kick soon after, while Semple denied Vowles with a magnificent save before Harper's vital clearance thwarted Huxley.

Jones just missed another Harper cross on 83 minutes, but Heath went close in the third minute of stoppage time when Lee's cross found Ross Moorhead, who headed over.

Victory made up for a 2-1 loss to Hallen on Good Friday and Clevedon welcome Wellington to the Everyone Active Stadium for the last game of the season on Saturday (3pm).

Clevedon: Wallis, Ferris, Harper, Kingdon, Mann, Hayer, Holden (Ashmead 78), Z Smith (H Smith 86), Vowles, King (Camper 78), Jones. Unused sub: Nicholson.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Somerset Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the North Somerset Times