Weston & District League Division One title race to go to wire
- Credit: Sporting Weston FC
Only a freak result in the final Division One fixture between Worle Rangers and Clapton-in-Gordano will stop Sporting Weston being crowned Weston & District League champions.
Rangers sit in second place with 46 points, three behind Sporting Weston, who hold top spot and have a better goal difference of 29 goals as the league heads into its climax this Saturday.
Earlier in the week Clapton-in-Gordano took on Worle Reserves and drew 2-2 with Luke Page and Ash Sprague on target for Worle, with Joseph Swift and Jordan Pooley replying.
The crunch fixture took place last Saturday as Sporting Weston came away from Clapton-in-Gordano with a narrow win as Joe Smith grabbed the vital goal.
Worle Reserves took on Locking Park and won 4-0 with a double apiece from Luke Page and Mike Hansford.
Haywood Village will face Weston St Johns in the Final of the Page Shield at Burnham United on May 21.
Haywood beat Yatton & Cleeve United B 7-0 with James Cleaves netting four goals, Seb Williams a brace and Dean Grubb also on target.
- 1 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 4 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 5 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 6 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 7 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
Weston St Johns travelled to Easton-in-Gordano and won 1-0 with Luke Baggalay scoring the winner.
Worle Reserves and Sporting Weston will meet in the all Weston & District Somerset Junior Cup final at Shepton Mallet on Friday.
Nailsea United will be hosting two cup finals on Saturday, with the first seeing Congresbury A and Worle Rangers Reserves meet in the Vardon Cup, at 11.30am.
Four hours later, Isle of Wemore will take on Selkirk United in the Charity Cup at 3.30pm.
It's a similar story at Worle FC as Haywood Village take on West Wick Reserves in the final of the Keyes Cup at 11.30am, before Berrow play Swiss Valley Rangers in the Challenge Cup at 3.30pm.
Meanwhile, Tuesday (May 17) sees Clapton-in-Gordano taking on Sporting Weston in the Atwell Memorial Shield at the home of Winscombe at 7.30pm.