Congresbury CC: Adiecha becomes club's third signing for 2021 season
- Credit: Josh Thomas
Congresbury Cricket Club have strengthened their squad with the signing of Yash Adiecha.
The all-rounder, who is a middle-order batsman and right-arm fast bowler, recently moved over to Bristol from India.
This will be his second stint in the United Kingdom after spending the 2016 and 2017 seasons with Morton Cricket Club.
And Adiecha said he received a “warm welcome” from the West of England Premier League Bristol & North Somerset side and hailed it as “a good level of cricket.”
“It’s a big honour to be part of this club, I’m looking forward to it and it’s a great opportunity for me to be at this nice club,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“I can bring some all-round performances with some good runs and quick wickets at the top. Try and contribute in each and every game. If I’m not doing it with my batting then I will do it with my bowling and fielding.
“I’m enjoying it but my skills aren’t at the top level like I used to play but game by game I will try to give my best and my skills will be at the top again.
- 1 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 2 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 3 Conservative named as Avon and Somerset police and crime commissioner
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 5 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell enjoy return to rugby action
- 7 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 8 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 9 May 17: Museums gear up to reopen in North Somerset next week
- 10 Yatton Bowling Club getting more youngsters involved
“I used to play cricket two years ago and after two years I’m playing cricket again and I got the contact of Justin (Yau) and I’m here at the club."
Captian Yau spoke of his delight of bringing Adiecha to Congresbury, following the departure of Iraq Thomas to Caverswall last December.
Adiecha becomes the club's third signing this year after Imran Ali and Dan Tapson.
“It’s a real bonus to be honest to have him on board, obviously we lost Iraq and to have Yash turn up and he’s a very handy cricketer to come out of nowhere is a bonus for us for the season ahead“ said Yau.
“He’s looked really good in training, he bowls pretty well and tight and he protects it really good when he bats as well. I think he will be a handy all-rounder in our league and at our level.
“We are a very inclusive club that’s in the genders all the way from the top to the bottom and it’s really important to keep that communication open.
“The fact we are getting and attracting players is a real bonus. Let’s hope he has a good season and as a team we can as well.”