Clevedon United under-16 Girls stun Bishops Lydeard
- Credit: Clevedon United Girls under-16s
Clevedon United under-16s girls inflicted Bishops Lydeard their first defeat of the season after coming from behind twice to win 6-2.
Unbeaten Bishops Lydeard travelled to Clevedon on Saturday hoping to solidify their grip on the top of the league.
They started the game very well with waves of attacks that rattled Clevedon and within 10 minutes were awarded with an early goal.
Bishops continued to attack and looked on top until a bright move from midfield sent the in-form Heidi through on goal to level 1-1.
Bishops continued their attacking play, and once again went ahead with a well taken goal past the left of the Clevedon keeper.
However, this goal seemed to wake up the Clevedon team who turned the tide, starting to dominate the wings and Maria on the right hand flank especially troubled the Bishops defence leading to a great ball through to Heidi who was taken down in the box.
Top scorer Maisy stood up to take the penalty and slid the ball into the bottom right hand corner of the goal, leaving the bishop keeper with no chance.
- 1 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 2 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 3 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 4 Festival date change due to Queen's platinum jubilee celebrations
- 5 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 6 Meet Clevedon's newest children's author
- 7 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 8 Wurzels return to Cadbury House for pre-Christmas West Country knees up
- 9 Art gallery to host 'Clevedon artist of the year'
- 10 Portishead Players ready for Christmas show
The second-half was a completely different game.
Clevedon had their tails up and proceeded to dominate the half and within ten minutes Holly fired the ball to Maisy on the edge of the box who took the ball past three defenders before slotting the ball into the bottom right hand corner.
Shortly after, Blythe moved her way into the box to fire past the keeper.
Bishops were now rattled, any attacks were thwarted by a very strong Clevedon defence, whilst Clevedon's Midfield won nine out of 10 balls, and passed their way into attack.
It wasn’t long before the ball fell to Holly in attack who slammed an absolute screamer into goal - an absolute net-bulger!
The game was due to close before Clevedon had one more attack, a long ball up the pitch fell to the rapid Heidi who bagged her sixth goal in two games.
Clevedon team: Maggie, Evie, Maria, Chloe, Heidi, Blythe, Holly, Eleni, Abi, Maisy, Hannah, Jess, Poppy and Jade.