Clevedon Town step into walking football festival
- Credit: Clevedon Town FC
Walking footballers put their best feet forward during a special festival to celebrate the success of the sport at Clevedon Town.
The club's players organised the event, which took place last Sunday.
The day started with a round robin tournament, with six mixed teams of walking footballers, first team and under-18 players competing in two mini leagues, with the two league winners meeting in the final championship match.
The winners were the blue and white team, which included first team players Luca Smith, Syd Camper and Ethan Feltham, who triumphed against Mitch Osmond and under-18 coach Dave Carey’s purple team in the final and were presented with the Bob Poutney Cup.
The day concluded with two challenge matches, when a now experienced first team walking football side beat the Under-18 side 7-2 and then completed a successful first walking football experience by defeating the walking football representative team, 4-0.
One of the organisers, John Walter, thanked everybody for making the event a success.
"We really appreciate the way the first team and the under 18s got into the spirit of the game and how inclusive they were with us walking footballers," he said.
- 1 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 2 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 3 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 4 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 5 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
- 6 Nailsea CC return to winning ways with big win at Frampton Cotterell seconds
- 7 Portishead Tennis Club to host open day on new courts
- 8 Barrow Gurney lose unbeaten record after batting collapse
- 9 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 10 Deadline looms for charity funding bids
First team manager Alex White, who played in one of the teams, added: "We've all really enjoyed a great day and it's something we should now build on and repeat on an annual basis."