Clevedon Sailing Club see some action
- Credit: Amy Turner
Clevedon Sailing Club managed to hold two ad hoc races on Sunday, after a season of very little action.
Six boats made the early morning start in bright sunshine and showers, as race officer Robin Goff set a P-shaped course for the first race in shifty southerly winds.
Martin Gibson (Laser) led from start to finish, with Seamus and Gill Ryan (505) finished in second place ahead of Rory Stretch (Topper).
BY the start of race two, the wind had swung to the south west and increased to force four, giving the safety boat plenty of action.
Gibson led the way around a small triangular course, with Trev Baker (Laser Radial) finished second ahead of the Ryans.
You may also want to watch:
The last races of the year are scheduled for Boxing Day, with the Paper Boat Race on the Marine Lake at 12.30pm and The Lunatics Race at 2pm.
After that, there will be no more races until March 2021, unless more Covid restrictions lead to further delay.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Clevedon school launches pop up shop to support low income families
- 6 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 7 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime