Clevedon’s Rawlings enjoys racing return
- Credit: Archant
Clevedon AC’s Francesca Rawlings returned to competitive action at the Severn Bridge 10k last weekend.
After several months without racing, Rawlings was keen to be part of an event once more – although the format was different to normal.
With a mass start not an option, runners were given start times determined by club name in alphabetical order.
Individuals started off at 10-second intervals, which ensured a favourable start for Rawlings, with conditions good across the bridge.
Rawlings produced a great run to finish as first in the V40 category and fifth female overall in an excellent time of 39 minutes 44 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon AC welcomes new members of all abilities and anyone who has taken up running or returned in recent months can get help to progress and stay motivated in friendly groups.
Contact the club via their website or facebook page for details on taster sessions.
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 3 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 4 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 7 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 8 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 9 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 10 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset