Clevedon’s Rawlings enjoys racing return
- Credit: Archant
Clevedon AC’s Francesca Rawlings returned to competitive action at the Severn Bridge 10k last weekend.
After several months without racing, Rawlings was keen to be part of an event once more – although the format was different to normal.
With a mass start not an option, runners were given start times determined by club name in alphabetical order.
Individuals started off at 10-second intervals, which ensured a favourable start for Rawlings, with conditions good across the bridge.
Rawlings produced a great run to finish as first in the V40 category and fifth female overall in an excellent time of 39 minutes 44 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon AC welcomes new members of all abilities and anyone who has taken up running or returned in recent months can get help to progress and stay motivated in friendly groups.
Contact the club via their website or facebook page for details on taster sessions.
- 1 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset
- 2 Council's Clevedon offices could be redeveloped
- 3 Care home staff ensure Portishead couple enjoy romantic meal in lockdown
- 4 Clevedon Co-op to close temporarily
- 5 Charity available to help villagers during coronavirus crisis
- 6 Financial support extended for North Somerset businesses
- 7 Council tax to increase for 'most exciting council budget in 18 years'
- 8 Controlled explosion carried out at nature reserve
- 9 Portishead residents facing skyrocketing costs due to unsafe cladding
- 10 Council to focus on making community 'better and stronger' post Covid