Clevedon member enjoys Man vs Moor challenge
- Credit: Archant
Clevedon AC member Jim Hardcastle took on the Man vs Moor race at Exmoor National Park recently.
The remote terrain provided plenty of space for runners, with Hardcastle delighted to be able to wear club colours again for the first time in several months.
The unique 10-mile race takes in some of the natural obstacles formed through the history and legac yof the moor, including an open water swim, a cave and tricky moorland.
And Hardcastle was pleased with his performance after the long break from racing and looking forward to tackling more off-road events soon.
Clevedon AC welcomes new members of all abilities, whether individuals have taken up running or returned to it in recent months.
You may also want to watch:
The club aims to help runners progress and stay motivated in friendly groups and can be contacted about taster sessions via their website or facebook page.
- 1 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 2 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Clevedon School launches pop-up shop to support low income families
- 6 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 9 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 10 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine