Clevedon AC’s Foster up for ultra challenge
- Credit: Archant
Clevedon AC member James Foster completed his first ultra marathon recently.
Foster was originally training for a race in the Brecon Beacons, which was cancelled, and took on an event at Exmoor instead.
The course covered 53k and 2000m of elevation, but Foster enjoyed the challenge as competitors ran through wooded valleys, across National Park moorland and the South West Coast path.
And Foster enjoyed a superb debut to finish in 18th place out of a field of 87 in 6:42.10.
It was also a great learning experience for the Clevedon member, who is keen to take on his next ultra.
You may also want to watch:
*Clevedon AC welcomes new members of all abilities.
If you have taken up running or returned to running in the last few months, the club can help with progress and staying motivaetd in friendly groups.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 5 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 8 Clevedon Music Club cancels winter concert
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
Contact the club via their website or Facebook page if you would like to attend a taster session.