Clevedon LTC seek 'Everyone for Tennis' fun and games
- Credit: Nicholas Walsh
Free club sponsored tennis coaching for all adults who would like to come and ‘give it a go’ is being offered at Clevedon Lawn Tennis Club.
As part of their ‘Everyone for Tennis’ programme this year, the club wants to encourage as many people as possible to join in the fun and games.
Sessions will take place every Saturday evening from April 3 to 24, from 5-6pm and places can be booked by emailing Mike Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clevedon LTC includes people of all ages and abilities, with a good proportion of members having never played the game before, who meet up regularly to have a thoroughly great day out.
The club also boasts some top players, but everyone mixes with friends of a similar standard, and arrange to play in groups, as and when they are available.
You may also want to watch:
To encourage as many young people to play tennis this year, CLTC have introduced a special offer for juniors, who will pay only £10 per month from April to September.
A spokesperson said: "This is a great opportunity to improve your child’s physical and mental strength, and also for them to achieve better flexibility, balance and hand to eye coordination.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic
"The game encourages social skills through teamwork which helps build more confidence, and leads to a strong camaraderie amongst friends.
"By playing tennis regularly, and becoming a full member at CLTC, every child will benefit from running around outdoors in a safe environment, getting plenty of fresh air, as they build a strong immune system, which will help ward off classroom colds and viruses."
The club's Junior Summer Programme will start on Monday April 19 and run for 13 weeks.
See clubspark.lta.org.uk/ClevedonLawnTennisClub/Coaching/JuniorCoaching for more details, or contact head coach Michael Rakosi at email@example.com or by calling 07748 157229.