Clevedon LTC ready for junior summer camps
- Credit: Nicholas Walsh
Clevedon Lawn Tennis Club will be entertaining juniors at their summer camps from the beginning of August.
The much anticipated summer camps are for junior members and anyone from outside the club aged five to 16 years old, with everyone invited to mix and join in the thrills and spills at the popular annual event.
Daily activities include simple tennis drills, exciting games for the young ones who are easily bored or distracted, technical and tactical instruction, and matchplay training for the older children.
Club spokesman Nicholas Walsh said: “It really doesn’t matter how good a child is at tennis, some children arrive who have never picked up a racket before. It’s more important that they enjoy running around a tennis court relaxed and having a good time.
"It’s a perfect opportunity to introduce them to one of the healthiest outdoor sports you can play."
You may also want to watch:
Parents who would prefer to stay and watch their child play are welcome to do so either by the side of the court, or from the sun terrace. There is a fully stocked bar in the clubhouse, with tea and coffee also available and toilet facilities provided.
Head coach Michael Rakosi added: “It’s so nice working with children. It’s a joy to see so many happy and smiling faces keen to learn, or just playing amongst themselves.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 8 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 9 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day
- 10 Huge housing extension planned for North Somerset town
"Already I can see how competitive they are even at such a young age. I know my two teenage assistants, Rachel and Olivier, also look forward to the events."
Summer camps at Clevedon LTC begin on Tuesday August 3, and continue on Wednesday August 4, Friday August 6, Tuesday August 10, Wednesday August 11 and Friday August 13.
Junior memberships are still available. For application forms and further details contact head coach Rakosi by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07748 157229.
You can also visit the club website at clubspark.lta.org.uk/clevedonlawntennisclub.