Clevedon Lawn Tennis Club to start 12-week autumn course for juniors
- Credit: Nicholas Walsh/CLTC
A new 12-week autumn tennis course for juniors starts at Clevedon Lawn Tennis Club on Monday September 20 - and everyone is invited to come along and join in all the fun!
Following on from the successful junior coaching summer programme this year, CLTC are again inviting children aged five to 16 to take part in action packed daily activities.
There will be various various events to keep everyone on their toes, including simple tennis drills, technical and tactical instruction, and for the older children match play training.
Spokesman Nicholas Walsh said: “Since we included children who are not members of the club, numbers have dramatically increased.
"We are getting great feedback from parents who have been impressed by our head coach Michael Rakosi and his team. In fact quite a few teenagers as a result from their time at the summer camps have decided to join the club as junior members."
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon LTC is situated in mid Clevedon just off Princes Road in a very picturesque setting. There is adequate car parking, and parents are encouraged to watch their children from the terrace, close to the clubhouse. The club has a fully stocked bar, with tea and coffee also available.
Walsh added: “A new group has recently been formed exclusively for teenagers to play amongst themselves, and this is proving an increasingly popular event.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 8 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 9 Huge housing extension planned for North Somerset town
- 10 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day
"Tennis has always been one of the most rewarding outdoor sports you can play, beneficial for both mind and body, it’s an activity the whole family can enjoy together. Children as young as five years of age are having coaching with Michael and our oldest playing member recently celebrated her 90th birthday."
For further details visit https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/ClevedonLawnTennisClub/Coaching/JuniorCoaching or contact head coach Michael Rakosi by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07748 157229.