Cycling: Clevedon & District Road Club hold annual time trial
- Credit: Archant
Clevedon & District Road Club held their annual eight-mile time-trial between Clevedon and Gordano Schools on Boxing Day.
Will Bjergfelt claimed a fine win in 17.21, as Neil Cotswell (19.20) held off Josh Griffiths (19.22) for second.
Gareth Jones (19.27) was first CDRC man home, as Chris Newman (19.28), Pete Wheddon (20.24), Maria Powell (20.45), Tommy Barlow (21.10), Steve Brown (21.27), Matt Browning (21.33), Mark Hannaford (21.58), James Hester (22.12), Mark Perry (25.39) and Gareth McHale (26.44) also competed.
Jon Gall and Gareth Jones fly the flag in the Western Cyclocross League, with top 10 and top 15 placings in the over-50 and over-40 groups.
But Gall had some bad luck at the Southern Regional Championships, where a dropped chain denied him the chance of a top placing.
You may also want to watch:
Jones put in a solid ride to finish mid pack, as Tom Taylor won the under-14 category to cap a fine 2018.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 7 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 8 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 9 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 10 Portishead garden protected from development