Comfortable win for Clevedon seconds
- Credit: Jason Crane
Clevedon seconds were comfortable winners over Coalpit Heath in their latest Bristol & District Senior Division outing at Dial Hill.
Put into bat, they saw half-centuries from Scott Ford (56) and Will Carpenter (89) - who combined for a 100-run stand - lead them to 234-9 from their 45 overs.
And James Caddick shone with the ball to claim 5-24 as the visitors were dismissed for 159 in the 43rd over, with Jake Brand (2-16) and Mark Bibbing (2-18) nabbing braces.
The thirds made 234-6 from 40 overs at Hallen in Division Nine, with Luke Pearson Taylor falling seven runs short of a century.
Jack Davey (39), Paul Jenkins (29) and Daniel Van Grudgings (28) also made starts for Clevedon, who then skittled the hosts for 80.
You may also want to watch:
Wickets were shared between Dave Clarke (3-5), Pearson Taylor (2-11), Zak Malpas (2-27), Phil Payne (1-3) and Davey (1-27).
The fourths fell to a heavy defeat against Hambrook in Division 14, after the visitors posted 214-2 from 40 overs at Clevedon School.
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
Jacob Lillington (19), Darren Hussey (13*) and Steve Treanor (10) were the only Clevedon batsmen in double figures as they were dismissed for 68 in 26 overs.