Centurions set Clevedon up for success at Taunton St Andrew
- Credit: Jason Crane
Josh Breed and Ryan Thorpe hit centuries as Clevedon claimed a convincing WEPL Premier One win at Taunton St Andrew.
Captain Cameron Harding chose to bat at The Wyvern Club but fell cheaply and saw opening partner Louie Woodland run out for 32 to make it 54-2.
Breed and Thorpe then combined in a 266-run stand for the third wicket, though, to set Clevedon up for a challenging total of 333-5.
Breed hit a six and 15 fours in his 121, from 143 balls, while Thorpe produced some fireworks as he raced to three figures in just 52 deliveries.
Thorpe finished unbeaten on 152, from 77 balls, having his eight sixes and 16 fours.
And the target proved beyond the home side, who posted 259-8 in reply.
Jack Harding ended a 68-run opening stand, as Breed took a catch, with Cameron Harding, Jack Banks and Max Horton (3-61) getting in on the act to make it 190-6.
- 1 A-level results 2022: Backwell School celebrate 'fantastic grades'
- 2 A-level results 2022: Students at Gordano School 'fly high'
- 3 A-level results 2022: 'Outstanding grades' at Clevedon School
- 4 Prestigious new development of one, two and three-bedroom apartments
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 New 24-hour gym to open in Portishead
- 7 Council and First Bus agree to save X5 service
- 8 Lib Dem councillors demand First Bus bosses 'reverse cuts now'
- 9 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
- 10 Cleeve cement lead at top of table as batters shine on winning weekend
Captain Harding (2-38) claimed a second scalp, with Iraq Thomas also having success.
The two clubs met again on Sunday in Group B of the WEPL T20 competition, with Clevedon put into bat.
And Breed top scored with 49 off 40 balls as they posted 194-7, with Thomas (31), Cameron Harding (30), Matthew Carpenter (27) and Tyler Leaman (22) also chipping in.
Carpenter (2-32) removed both openers in reply, but Taunton St Andrew reached 129-2 in the 15th over, when Leaman struck.
Harding returned to pick up 3-24 in the closing stages as Taunton St Andrew closed on 163-6.
Clevedon met Bristol in their second match of the day, with Harding, Thomas and Josh Jenkins taking a wicket apiece as they posted 173-4.
But Harding's men slumped to 13-3 in the fourth over of their reply and were eventually dismissed for just 51, with Ben Wilson their only batter in double figures.
Clevedon return to WEPL action this weekend when they are set to welcome Bridgwater to Dial Hill.
How they stand
P W L A Pts
Bath 8 7 0 1 155
Potterne 8 6 2 0 144
Bedminster 8 6 1 1 131
Bridgwater 8 5 2 1 124
Chippenham 8 4 4 0 97
Clevedon 8 3 4 1 92
Taunton SA 8 2 6 0 77
Thornbury 8 1 6 1 74
Taunton Deane 8 2 6 0 70
Lansdown 8 1 6 1 56