Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- Credit: Clevedon AC
Clevedon AC members enjoyed some great results at the recent Glastonbury 10k Road Run.
Perfect weather conditions and a revised, flatter course ensured a fast race with over 750 competitors taking part from staggered start times.
Clevedon's Steve Wood came home in 14th place in 35 minutes 34 seconds, beating his personal best by 45 seconds to also claim first place in the M45 category.
Martin Hewlett was next home for the club in 38.39, closely followed by James Foster (40.04), who improved his best by two minutes.
Nicole Morrow (46.51) enjoyed a great return to racing, as Kathryn Mortimore (50.26) and Kerry Coombes (54.16) also found the event to be superbly organised, providing a great atmosphere and ensuring everyone's safety on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Members are now looking forward to taking part in more events in the next few weeks.
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset