Clevedon AC members enjoy Cotswold Way Relay challenge
- Credit: Clevedon AC
Clevedon AC fielded two teams in the recent Cotswold Way Relay, which is now in its 31st year.
Organised by Team Bath, the event consists of 10 back-to-back races of varying ascent and length and the course is 90 per cent off road, with runners having to find markers en route.
Nick Hides and Adrian John started at 7am at Chipping Campden and got their teams off to a great start, with all runners enjoying some stunning locations as well as tough climbs, before the final leg ended in Bath in early evening.
Clevedon's first team included Hides, Simon Dodd, Simon Hawkes, Joanne Gallagher, Helen Ball, Nigel Charman, Rob Grubb, Ben Sharp and Matt Evans, who won stage 10, and finished 20th in a combined time of 16:41.50, after new member Dodd stepped in at short notice.
The second team were not far behind in 29th place in 17:42.53, thanks to John, Steve Hollier, Laura Clapp, Tony Dauncey, Matt Crocker, Kerry Coombes, Tracy Allan, Steph James, Helen Wood and Nicole Morrow.
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon AC are training regularly once again and welcome new members of all abilities. For information on taster sessions contact the club via their Facebook page.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week