Cricket: Cleeve slip following Brislington defeat
- Credit: Archant
Cleeve slipped to seventh in B&D Division Two after losing by five wickets to Brislington seconds.
Put into bat on a damp pitch, they lost captain Glenn Lewin to a 12-ball duck.
Young Ben Jones dug in with James Cole, who hit six fours in his 31.
And Sam Williams helped Jones (14) move the score along before drinks.
Williams fell to a yorker for 14 after the restart, with Mitch Want (11), Nikhil Bhajipale (12), Tom Birt all following.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Hance, Max Viney and Dan Dixon fell cheaply to leave Tom Carpenter stranded as Cleeve were all out for 114 in the 40th over.
Lewin and Hance failed to make a breakthrough in reply, but Cole (3-26) and Bhajipale (2-30) had some success as Brislington eased to victory inside 30 overs.
- 1 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 4 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 8 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 9 Injury-hit Yatton show spirit in loss to Winscombe
- 10 WIN: Tickets to concert screened at Curzon Cinema
Cleeve are due to visit Bohemians on Saturday, while the seconds return to action after a blank weekend with a home match against Bohemians seconds.