Cricket: Cleeve need last-day win to survive
- Credit: Archant
Cleeve need to beat Bitton in their last game of the season on Saturday to remain in B&D Division Two after losing to Bohemians.
Understrength again due to poor availability, they saw the hosts score 19 in the first two overs, before Nikhil Bhajipale (right) came into the attack.
The off-spinner took 2-7 in his nine overs, while Andy Barnsley rallied to finish with 2-38 and Mark Jones weighed in with 3-14.
Joe Hance returned to take three wickets as Bohemians were dismissed for 109 but Cleeve lost Phil Gostlin without scoring.
Four others failed to get off the mark on a deteriorating pitch and only Ben Williams (10) made double figures in a paltry total of 39 in 16 overs.
You may also want to watch:
The seconds also suffered in a return meeting in Division Nine as they were skittled for 61 in 24 overs.
Carey Elswood (14) and Kelston Crew (17) made starts but captain George Parsons (13) was the only other to reach double figures.
- 1 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 4 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 8 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 9 Injury-hit Yatton show spirit in loss to Winscombe
- 10 WIN: Tickets to concert screened at Curzon Cinema
Bohemians raced to a 10-wicket win in 15 overs as Cleeve guaranteed their spot in Division 10 next year.