Cleeve Cricket Club announce indoor net dates
- Credit: Archant
Cleeve Cricket Club is getting ready for the new season, with dates for indoor nets already formalised.
As the last of the turkey has been eaten and the decorations are put away for another year, Cleeve Cricket Club is already looking forward to another season.
Dates for winter training have just been released and will again be based in the sports hall at Nailsea School, utilising their excellent net facilities on Sundays from February 25.
The friendly club welcomes any male, female, all ability players who might be looking to take up the game, re-start their careers, play with their sons/daughter/ parents or perhaps looking for a change of club.
Cleeve accommodates adults and juniors sides for under-11s, 13s and 15s, as well as Kwik cricket for the younger boys and girls.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s ground offers one of the best playing surfaces in the area used for a number of Somerset junior and ladies’ county cricket games as well as Bristol & District finals.
The ground also boasts fantastic three-lane artificial nets with its own clubhouse with a competitively priced bar, skittle alley and other pub sports facilities.
- 1 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 2 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop
- 3 May 17: Hall & Woodhouse Portishead opens indoors next week
- 4 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 5 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 6 Family days out in North Somerset
- 7 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 8 North Somerset communities benefit from development levy
- 9 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 10 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
Similarly, those who may prefer to umpire, score or help manage/coach would also be welcome. For those who may wish to investigate further are encouraged to call club secretary, Stuart Williams on 07771 820054 or refer to cleeve.play-cricket.com
The dates for winter nets are as follows – February 25, March 4, 11, 18 and 25: Under-11s and 13s, 4-5pm; Under-15s and seniors: 5-6pm.
From April, training moves outside from 6.30pm with adults on Tuesday and juniors (to include Kwik cricket) on Fridays. The latter providing an excellent opportunity for parents to enjoy the evening sunshine and bar.
Matches are played by two adult teams on Saturdays and junior matches throughout the week from the end of April. There is no requirement to play every game, but the more the merrier.