Caitlin Meredith puts in five-star performance to give Clevedon opening day win
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Caitlin Meredith scored five times as she helped Clevedon Ladies hockey club open their Brunel 2 campaign with a 7-3 won over local rivals North Somerset seconds at Clevedon School on Saturday.
Ashlee Carter found Lucy Pratt on the right wing, taking the ball at speed into the D and firing home to give Clevedon the lead.
Buoyed by this success, Clevedon mounted a sustained period of pressure, Ellen Armstrong raiding down the left causing the visiting defence all sorts of problems, then Caitlin Meredith hit a purple patch notching up five beautifully taken goals to put the home side 6-0 up.
Late in the opening half the visitors forced a string of short corners and eventually converted to make the half time score 6-1.
After the break the visitors re-grouped came out determined to make a game of it and they stormed into the attack and reduced the arears to 6-3.
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon's Helen LeFevre slotted the ball home to make the final score 7-3.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 5 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 6 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 7 North Somerset authors publish books
- 8 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 9 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained