AFC Nailsea boosted by sponsorship deal
- Credit: Archant
AFC Nailsea have been boosted by a sponsorship deal with John Brown, of High Street, Nailsea.
The club has received two sets of kit from the local business and held an inter-club friendly at Nailsea School at the weekend.
With the first-team and reserve-team matches postponed, the squad was divided into two teams and fought out a 1-1 draw.
The red team, managed by coach Ian Ridge, took an early second-half lead when Dan Vick slotted through the legs of Tim Pegg, after Jez Jimenez had fired an earlier effort wide.
But the blue team, led by reserve boss James Collard, hit back late on when Jack Allan saw his shot take a big deflection off Taylor Davis to leave keeper James Ham stranded.
You may also want to watch:
Kyran Matthews and Ridge had late chances to win it, but it ended all square.
Misses from Vick and Will Bellotti meant it was 4-4 after the first five penalties per side, before Mark Thomas shot wide in sudden death and Liam Eyles won it for the Blues.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 7 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 8 Clevedon Music Club cancels winter concert
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award