Wrington Redhill FC suffered a 4-0 loss to Timsbury Athletic in what has been a painful run of form for the North Somerset team.

The game was only minutes old when the run of bad luck that often accompanies a period of poor form struck once again for Wrington Redhill.

Ethan Johnson and Timsbury’s Ellis Hancock challenged for a high cross and the ball flew out between them with such spin that the bounce completely deceived Regan D’Arcy in goal for the visitors and ended up in the net.

The rest of the first half was end to end with Timsbury creating the better chances.

For Wrington Redhill Josh Pitt was busy on the left and Ethan Williams up front saw a lot of the ball, but he was well marshalled by Timsbury’s Nelson and Marshall who prevented him getting his shots off.

Sam Harvey and Max Smith, given his 1st start my manager Leigh White, also worked their socks off to create something in reply for Wrington but without much luck.

Timsbury had a great chance to increase their lead when Hancock rolled the ball across the edge of the box for Derrick to smash a rising shot that D’Arcy saved brilliantly at full stretch.  

Redhill then went two down within minutes of the restart.

Hancock, Cook and Sobers combined well and passed their way through the Wrington Redhill defence resulting in Sobers scoring from close range.

The visitors back four of Clements, Ferguson, Johnson and Bonner were working overtime to keep Timsbury at bay but eventually two became three when Hancock cleverly turned Johnson and riffled a shot into the bottom corner of the net.

To their credit Wrington Redhill continued their attacking ambitions an effort to get something from the game.

Ferguson Obamwonyi was hacked down to get a free kick on the edge of the box allowing Ryan Pugh a chance to shoot but his effort went into the wall, and Matt Walsh also had a chance to add to his tally but shot just wide when well placed.

As well as resolute defending Timsbury also created a couple of great breakaway chances.

The 1st time this happened Rhys Cook was through on goal but amazingly goalkeeper D’Arcy timed his challenge perfectly as he pounced and picked the ball off Cook’s toes for a brilliant save.

When this happened again 10 minutes later Cook made no mistake and took his chance to make it 4-0.

Wrington are next in action at home against Somerton Town on March 30th.