Toolstation Western League: Nailsea & Tickenham 3-0 Welton Rovers

The Swags gained all three points on Tuesday evening (20th Feb) with a well deserved win in the Toolstation Western league premier division V Welton.

The Swags made four changes from the previous game, with Jason Mellor, James Seeley, Oscar Collins & Jared Ford all back in the starting line up.

The Swags started brightly but were almost undone as a Welton cross dipped onto Jason Mellors crossbar and over.

Soon after, the lively Lucas Vowles struck the Welton post after goalkeeper Alfie Hamblin was beaten from just inside the area.

The Swags began to take control whilst there scrappy periods in the first half, the Swags had great chances to take the lead with Pruett, Osgood & Vowles all going close. Osgood had the ball in the net after a knock down from Steve Kingdon, but the linesman saved Welton with the offside flag.

The Swags onslaught continued and they came close from a number of corners and long throws which Welton just managed to clear. The first goal came on 41minutes with Luke Osgood taking a quick throw after spotting a Jared Ford run into the box. Ford turned and calmly slotted underneath Hamblin to make it 1-0.

Oscar Collins had a glorious chance to score after Oliver Carter burst down the right and crossed, but Collins headed over from close range. Half Time ended at 1-0.

The second half was one of N&Ts best performances of the season so far, Kingdon, Hurst & Pearce looking in control at the back and preventing any rare Welton attacks, ensuring they did not register a single shot on target during the second half.

Ford scored his second of the game to made it 2-0 after tapping in from close range as a Hamish Hurst deep cross was dropped.

Seeley, Pruett and Ford won the midfield battle allowing Collins & Carter space out wide to attack relentlessly, on another day the Swags would have scored several goals. Hamblin made some good saves from Vowles whilst Carter fired over, and Hurst saw his header saved on the line.
The Swags had another goal disallowed after a Pruett corner was headed in, but the ref spotted a foul on goalkeeper Hamblin.

Osgood did make it 3-0 after 66 minutes by tapping in as the ball bounced off the post to secure his thirteenth league goal of the season.

There were still further chances with the Swags totally dominating possession, substitute Joe Cattermole, making his debut, smashed the cross bar from just inside the box. Vowles then came very close after Carter delivered another cross from the right hand side.

Oscar Collins shot from outside the area but saw his effort curl just wide.

The game ended 3-0 and with a fully deserved three points for the Swags.

Squad - Mellor, Kingdon, Hurst, Pearce, Seeley, Pruett, Carter, Collins, Ford, Osgood, Vowles. Subs - Last, Cattermole, Bishop, Pilgrim, Manning.