Proposed change to compensation flow release from Blagdon Reservoir
- Credit: Archant
Licence serial number 16/52/14/S/013 Water Resources Act 1991
Bristol Water is developing proposals, in collaboration with the Environment Agency, to trial a change to the compensation release from Blagdon Reservoir to the River Yeo, starting on the 3rd September 2018. The compensation flow release is currently made under Licence serial number 16/52/14/S/013 under the Water Resources Act 1991.
The change to the compensation flow release is required so that flows in the River Yeo reflect a more natural flow regime, with the aim of improving the in-river ecology. Bristol Water needs to conduct a trial to test the effectiveness of the changed compensation before a permanent change is made. Details of the existing and proposed compensation flow release and the timing of the trial are set out above.
A copy of the proposal and associated documents may be inspected free of charge at Bristol Water’s head office, during normal office hours (Monday to Friday except bank holidays).
For more information, or to make representations about the proposal, please contact Matthew Pitts at the address below, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 13th August 2018.
You may also want to watch:
Bristol Water plc
Bridgwater Road, Bristol, BS13 7AT
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 7 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'