Proposed change to compensation flow release from Blagdon Reservoir
- Credit: Archant
Licence serial number 16/52/14/S/013 Water Resources Act 1991
Bristol Water is developing proposals, in collaboration with the Environment Agency, to trial a change to the compensation release from Blagdon Reservoir to the River Yeo, starting on the 3rd September 2018. The compensation flow release is currently made under Licence serial number 16/52/14/S/013 under the Water Resources Act 1991.
The change to the compensation flow release is required so that flows in the River Yeo reflect a more natural flow regime, with the aim of improving the in-river ecology. Bristol Water needs to conduct a trial to test the effectiveness of the changed compensation before a permanent change is made. Details of the existing and proposed compensation flow release and the timing of the trial are set out above.
A copy of the proposal and associated documents may be inspected free of charge at Bristol Water’s head office, during normal office hours (Monday to Friday except bank holidays).
For more information, or to make representations about the proposal, please contact Matthew Pitts at the address below, or by email to email@example.com no later than 13th August 2018.
You may also want to watch:
Bristol Water plc
Bridgwater Road, Bristol, BS13 7AT
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 4 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 5 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 6 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 7 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 8 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 9 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 10 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week