Proposed change to compensation flow release from Blagdon Reservoir
- Credit: Archant
Licence serial number 16/52/14/S/013 Water Resources Act 1991
Bristol Water is developing proposals, in collaboration with the Environment Agency, to trial a change to the compensation release from Blagdon Reservoir to the River Yeo, starting on the 3rd September 2018. The compensation flow release is currently made under Licence serial number 16/52/14/S/013 under the Water Resources Act 1991.
The change to the compensation flow release is required so that flows in the River Yeo reflect a more natural flow regime, with the aim of improving the in-river ecology. Bristol Water needs to conduct a trial to test the effectiveness of the changed compensation before a permanent change is made. Details of the existing and proposed compensation flow release and the timing of the trial are set out above.
A copy of the proposal and associated documents may be inspected free of charge at Bristol Water’s head office, during normal office hours (Monday to Friday except bank holidays).
For more information, or to make representations about the proposal, please contact Matthew Pitts at the address below, or by email to email@example.com no later than 13th August 2018.
Bristol Water plc
Bridgwater Road, Bristol, BS13 7AT
- 1 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 2 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 3 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 4 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 5 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 6 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 9 Clevedon United under-16 Girls stun Bishops Lydeard
- 10 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad