Youth Club on Wheels rolls into North Somerset village
- Credit: Young Bristol
A mobile youth club will roll into Wrington after expanding its services into North Somerset.
The Youth Club on Wheels project, launched by Young Bristol, aims to support young people in hard-to-reach rural areas who do not currently have other youth provision.
Wrington's ward councillor, Steve Hogg hopes the campaign can reduce increasing concerns over antisocial behaviour in the village.
Cllr Hogg said: "I am impressed with the work that Young Bristol are doing in the region, and we are hugely fortunate to be able to host this service for at least the next six months.
"I have been contacted many times about incidents of antisocial behaviour and feel it is important that we continue to receive police support to tackle these incidents, but as a long-term strategy, simply increasing police presence is not a solution."
The youth club will offer social and sports activities, job and homework guidance, and a safe space to talk with trained youth workers.
It will stop at Wrington Recreation Ground every Thursday from 4-5.30pm.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 3 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 7 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 8 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 9 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 10 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day